Summertime Plumbing Checklist
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
As homeowners, the last thing we care to think about during the lazy days of summer are plumbing problems. But with the kids home from school and an influx of guests to entertain at home, you may find some summer plumbing problems on the rise. Guardian Plumbing of Annapolis, Maryland shares some advice on how to protect your home from these common plumbing problems…
1. Is Your Sump Pump Running?- Be sure to check it before the heavy rain and storms come in mid to late summer. Clear away any debris and check its power at the electrical source.
2. Limit Disposal Waste- Summertime cookouts equal summertime clean up. Avoid dumping hard produce waste such as watermelon rinds down the drain. Disposals can be damaged by these foods as well as used cooking oils. When in doubt, throw it out. And run cold water before and after running the disposal.
3. Keep Toilets Clog Free- More guests in the summer means increased bathroom use. You can purchase septic safe toilet tissue and have the children use only the amount needed on bathroom visits.
4. Be Aware of Leaks- As with any season, make sure you address any leaks found in or out of the home. The earlier you are aware of plumbing leaks, the less it will cost you in the long run.
5. Call a Professional- Minor plumbing problems may be solved at home with an ounce of prevention, but know when it’s time to call a professional.
Guardian Plumbing services the Annapolis, Baltimore and DC areas and has experienced technicians that are qualified to repair and service your residential and commercial plumbing needs. Don’t let the these common plumbing problems get in the way of your summer fun. Contact us today for a free estimate to solve your plumbing problem. We also offer a residential maintenance plan to keep your home and its plumbing in top working order year round.